Non-Canadian Resident or New to Canada Purchases
Dreyer Group Mortgages has access to mortgage products designed for qualified home buyers who have immigrated to Canada, are relocating to Canada by an employer, or a US citizen that would like to invest in the Canadian market.
2019 Non-Resident Mortgage Guide
Revised for 2019. Our popular Non-Canadian Resident Mortgage Guide is available for download!
Non-Residents Buying in Canada
There are many lenders that provide mortgages to non-residents whether you are buying a vacation property or purchasing a property for investment.
Due to COVID, Non-Resident mortgage lending programs have been closed or restricted by our lending partners until further notice. If you are living and working outside North America, you must be employed by a Fortune 500 company in order to apply for a mortgage at this time. Further, we can only offer financing on properties located in the province of BC.
General Guidelines and Qualifications
Non-residents buying in Canada may be eligible if the applicant is:
- Considered an acceptable credit risk
- Has a bankers reference/recommendation letter from country of origin or international credit bureau
- Standard confirmation of income
- Verification of assets
- 35% down payment required (verification required)
- Rental or vacation properties must meet standards
- Satisfactory property appraisal
- Max amortization 25 years
2019 New to Canada Mortgage Guide
Revised for 2019. Our popular New to Canada Mortgage Guide is available for download!
New to Canada
Qualified homebuyers who have immigrated or relocated to Canada can qualify for a mortgage under one of the programs below. Each lender has different requirements, so it is best to talk to one of our knowledgeable team members to get the best advice.
1. New to Canada - 35% Down Payment
- Have recently immigrated or relocated to Canada within the last 60 months
- Proof of permanent residency/landed immigrant status or have a valid work visa
- Proof no taxes owed
- Proof of 35% down payment plus closing costs
- Funds must be in Canada at time of application, with history of down payment
- Proof of 12 months of savings to cover PIT payments (Principal, Interest and Property Taxes) in Canada
- May require a letter of reference from recognized bank
2. New to Canada - Less Than 35% Down Payment
- Immigrated or relocated to Canada within the last 60 months
- Proof of permanent residency/landed immigrant status or a valid work visa
- Employed 3 months full time employment in Canada (job letter,pay stubs); no taxes owed
- Proof of credit required from at least 2 sources - international bureau, bank reference letter, landlord letter and proof of rent payments, letter from utility company
- All debts held outside of Canada must be included in qualifying
- Min 5% down payment from own sources; remainder may be from immediate family member
- Proof of down payment (90 days) plus 1.5% of purchase price set aside for closing costs
- Proof funds are in Canada at least 30 days before closing
- 25 year amortization
- Purchase price less than $1,000,000.00
- Owner occupied or occupied by family member
Dreyer Group can then shop the various lenders on your behalf to find the best solution for your individual situation. Apply now. We'll be here every step of the way.
3 Easy Ways to Get Pre-Approved
Dreyer Group is an independent mortgage broker firm that shops your mortgage to major banks and trust companies across Canada to ensure your get the best mortgage at the lowest rate. Choose the option below to let us get your best mortgage rate.